- Mega Panels Construction System
- Application & Advantages
- Mega EPS (Expanded Polystyrene)
- Why Mega Panels over Solid Blocks?
Your Ideal Construction Solution
From stylish home units to practical spaces and functional office structur es, Mega Panels can help you build your dream project.
Mega Panel Construction System consists of reinforced zinc coated steel wire mesh electronically welded together onto a polystyrene (EPS) insulated core.
The lightweight panels are erected and assembled on site using conventional building tools. After all electrical and plumbing works have been fitted; the panels will be covered with a layer of concrete (40 mm on each side). This produces a composite structure that has the strength of steel and the durability of concrete.
This new technology is a green technology that is rigid and light weight. It is box-like in structure and its walls and slabs are load bearing.
1.The Mega Panel Wall Construction System has the strength to withstand even the harsh forces of an earthquake The basic structure is built so that the panels overlap both vertically and horizontally all interconnected into a “box-like” structure. This makes the structure looks as one full block once the concrete has been applied. Forces acting horizontally on Panel buildings, such as earthquake forces, are transferred to the foundation by the shear wall.
2. With Mega Panel Construction System, you no longer need heavy reinforcement in the joints. The reinforcing mesh and reinforcement bars on both sides of the walls will strengthen the concrete and make the wall difficult to crack.
3. Test institutes all over the world have proven that similar construction panels can be used for single storey to multi – storey buildings. It can also be used as slab panels for residential buildings due to its load bearing capacity. It also allows for a combination of other construction systems, both conventional and non-conventional.
The panel is lightweight, easy to transport, and has only a few construction elements. This allows for semi-skilled labourers to install these panels, thereby reducing site costs considerably. It also makes it suitable for construction work in remote areas.
The Mega Panel Construction System takes 50% less construction time and uses 30% less cement compared to conventional construction systems. Roof panels also form the ceiling and trusses. This also reduces the number of elements when forming a composite structure.
The panels create the form and so no framework needed. It is also versatile enough to accommodate any design configurations.
The composite nature of the construction makes the structure very strong, enabling it to withstand earthquakes and other extreme weather conditions. Structurally stable constructions of up to 2 storeys on a conventional foundation can be erected with a long life cycle (50 to 100 years and beyond.
The Mega Panels have excellent thermal and sound insulation properties due to the Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) insulated core. It is far more superior than conventional clay and brick walls. The room temperature can be maintained all day and night for a comfortable living.
This panel has fire resistant characteristics well within the building requirements. It has a monolithic design, i.e. uninterrupted concrete "skin" inside and outside; therefore it is "termite proof".
Mega EPS is made of pre-expanded polystyrene beads. It’s tough and rigid structure enables it to be used in hundreds of ways. Mega EPS has excellent thermal resistivity (R- values) making it perfect insulation for interior and exterior walls, roofing and under slab & subfloors. Its millions of air pockets formed when the blocks are moulded, impede the flow of heat. Mega EPS are fire retardant, which means they can be used in the construction industry Being moisture-resistant, it can be used to insulate the foundations. Mega EPS does not degrade when come into direct contact with the earth. The sheets can be installed in areas where flooding is a routine. As it absorbs very little moisture, it will dry very quickly when the flood subsides.
Mega EPS are available in different thickness and density. It is also available in stock sheet or block sizes. EPS Sheets and blocks can be custom cut to an infinite number of shapes and sizes.
Mega EPS can be used in the following applications:-
- Rigid Insulation
- Wall Insulation
- Roof Insulation
- Foundation Insulation
- Architectural shapes
- Slab Insulation
- Theatrical sets & Props
- Sound Deadening
- Pipe Insulation
- Mega Panels per Square Meter are 60% lighter than Solid 6” blocks completed with plastering yet stronger than conventional block work due to its mesh reinforcement configuration.
- Mega Panel provide the strength of steel, insulation from the polystyrene core and durability of the concrete.
- Mega panels used as infill in lieu of block work walling will achieve an overall construction cost saving on structure of 10% - 15% due to weight savings on the foundation (25% less concrete and 35% less steel) and 5% concrete and steel savings for columns and beams.
- It is simple to use and eco friendly.
- Light weight panels are easy to transport.
- Fast construction and reduced labor system.
- Method of construction well adaptiv e to remote areas.
- Less chance of damage and or theft. a
- Any design configuration possible using fully automated com puterised machines maintaining quality control.
- Fire resistivity for 2 hours plus for walls and roof using flame retardant polystyrene.
- Insulated Panels provide a 20% reduction in heat transmission.
- Roof and Walls are Termite proof and risk free from infestations of birds or rats.
- Moisture resistance polystyrene barrier in walls and roof.
- Durability of more than 50 to 100 years for walls and roof.
- Monolithic structure provide strength and capacity to withstand extreme weather and earthquakes.